Whenever I used to go to Indo-Chinese restaurant I always order Schezwan Fried Rice. They are my Favorite. It's very spicy and so tasty. Even Schezwan Noodles are very spicy, that's because of their spicy sauce. It's very simple to make and goes well with lots of other recipe. Its very quick to make this recipe if you have the schezwan sauce ready. So here is this spicy sauce and the full version of schezwan fried rice. I am linking this to A-Z Blogging Marathon conducted by Srivalli and also to preeti space.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Basmati Rice - 2 cup
- Garlic,finely chopped - 3 tsp
- Carrot,finely chopped - 1/2 cup
- Beans,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Cabbage,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Spring Onion/ Scallion,finelychopped - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- For Schezwan Sauce:
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Garlic,finelly chopped - 1/2 cup
- Ginger,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Dry red chillies,soaked in water - 6-7
- Black pepper powder - a pinch
- Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt To taste
- Water - 4 tsp
1. Before starting to make this recipe cook basmati rice first and store the cooked rice in fridge for 30-45 mins. Let it cool down. Now finely chop the ingredients needed for making the schezwan sauce and start making the process.
2. In a pan add oil,use more because it helps in getting sauce consistency and also helps in storing the sauce for 2 days. To this add finely chopped garlic & ginger ,saute them well. Then grind the dry red chillies to paste by adding little water, then add this to the ginger garlic saute.
3.Then when the raw smell reduces from chillies,add salt,pepper and soya sauce little bit(don't add more soya sauce,then it will lose the color and became dark)Saute it well. To this add little water to get sauce consistency. Let it sit for a min,when the oil starts to separate remove from fire. Keep it separate in a bowl. Schezwan sauce is ready.
4. Now in a pan add oil and sauce garlic,carrot,beans for few mins. To this add spring onion(the white onion part)and saute them well. To this add the schezwan sauce and stir it for few mins. Add little salt.
5. Now take the basmati rice that was kept in refrigerator for half an hr and add it to the mix. Break it well with your ladle and you will get a nice crispy and separated fried rice and toss them well with spring onion as garnish. Tasty and spicy schezwan fried rice is ready. It will be spicy so beware of that.