I love soya, I know many of them don't like the smell of it but believe me any food that's cooked correctly will taste very good. I have been dying to try this vegetarian version of keema paratha. Being a pure vegetarian I really concentrate on my healthy intake,because I have to have balance of all nutrients and vitamins. Soya is loaded with protein and fiber content and I just love it for that reason. When made as stuffed paratha even soya haters wont know they are eating the actual soya chunks,its that yumm and tsty. I send this to my daughter lunch box too . She love sit and so does hubby dear. Other soya recipes I have in my space are soya khurma
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 5-7
- Soya Chunks - 1/2 cup or more
- Onion,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Ginger,finely chopped - 3 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped - 3 tsp
- Green Chillies,finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Amchur Powder/ Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped - 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Let soya chunks soak in hot water for 2-3 mins. Then rinse them under cold water when they increase in size and squeeze them well.
2. Now blend them for a sec in blender till the skin is little coarse as shown in pic.
3. Now in a pan add oil and saute jeera, then add ginger & garlic. To this add onion and saute till translucent.To this add shredded or minced soya chunks and stir well for 3 mins till the raw smell is gone. Now add salt,green chillies,garam masala,chilly powder and amchur powder(dry mango powder)and mix it well.
4. Now take a ball sized dough and roll them flat,stuff this soya filling inside and make a knot like shown in pic(just close the ends from all sides)
5. Flatten it with your hands,dip in wheat flour and flatten them using chapathi roller. See that its evenly done so the stuffing doesn't come out. Now place them on hot tawa and make sure both the sides are lite brown in color. Crispy,tasty and healthy soya keema paratha is ready to eat.
6. Serve it with any kind of raita.