My bread was lying there in my kitchen for than 4 days so II decided to make bread upma which is way better than our original upma,my kid just loves it she thinks its some kind of new snack she uses her fork to poke them and keeps asking for more so when I do this upma I usually do the whole pack.Serve this as BRUNCH.... along with some fresh juice.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 2
- White bread slices - 10
- Onion,finely chopped - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Green chiilies,finely chopped - 2 tsp
- Ginger,grated - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- For Seasoning
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal(ulandham paruppu) - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal/kadala paruppu - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - as per requirement
- Asofaetida(hing) - a pinch
1.Heat oil in kadai/pan add the seasoning one by one.
2.Now saute onions,tomatoes,green chillies for 5 mins.when the tomatoes are mushy add some hing,salt,turmeric power,red chilly powder and stir for 2 mins.
3.Then chop the bread it to cube sizes removing the brown skin from bread edges,then add the pieces to the mix and stir it for a min.
4.Remove from fire.Now add freshly chopped coriander leaves & 1 tsp pf lemon juice and serve it hot.