I learned this from SANJEEV KAPOOR recipes. I love learning corn based recipe and quickly made recipes. This will take only 5 mins to make. So if you have sudden or surprising visitors during your tea time just serve them this balls they will love it. It goes pretty well with coffee or tea.
I love cheese balls though these are quite different from the regular cheese balls the masala mixed in it does give a flavorful dish. Enjoy it and omit ginger,garlic if you want to try it with kids. Lovely snack so lets move on to the recipe.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 8-10 balls
- Sweet Corn(I used frozen) - 1 cup
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Maida - 2 tsp
- Ginger,fienly chopped - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder - a pinch
- Salt - as per taste
- Shredded cheese(use cheddar/mozzarela) - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder/Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves,chopped - 1/4 cup
1. Boil the corn for 5 mins in a cup then mash them well in a blender. Transfer it to the bowl. To this add cheese,corn flour,maida,ginger,green chillies,baking soda,salt,pepper powder,red chilly powder,jeera powder,coriander leaves and lemon juice.
2. Now add little water and mix them well. Make small balls out of them.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown in color. Collect them in tissue paper.
4. Serve them hot with ketchup and enjoy it for your evening snack.