I love anything that deals with PANEER. I am a huge fan of North Indian food and I love dhaba food a lot. I never miss to order Kadai paneer when I visit dhabas in India. My mom makes amazing food and this one is my favorite. Be it Paneer Butter Masala or Kaju Masala I always get compliments when I serve it to guest. You must check the other recipes too if you haven't. Serve it with Garlic Naan and everyone will love it. If its too much of work just serve it with regular chapathi. They will love it too. I always make dals when I make this kadai panner. I love Gujarati dal with this dish. They are mild and very flavorful. Do try it out.
- Paneer,cubed - 1 cup
- Onion,chopped cube - 2
- Tomato,chopped cube - 1
- Tomato puree/tomato pulp - 1-2(small size)
- Capsicum,chopped cube - 1
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Tatse
- Chilly Powder - 1 1/2 tsp(if u like it less spicy reduce it)
- Coriander/Dhania Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi leaves/dry fenugreek leaves - 1 1/2 tsp(crushed)
- For Seasoning:
- Oil/Butter - 2 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2-3 tsp
1. First add 1/2 tsp of oil in a kadai,then add the cubed paneer and saute for a min. Then transfer them to a bowl that has hot water. This will help the paneer to stay soft in gravy. Leave it in water.
2. In a separate pan add oil/butter then saute with jeera,ginger garlic paste. Then to this add cubed onions,capsicum and saute them for few mins.
3. Now add the pureed tomatoes(add a tomato in a blender and make it to paste and add in the gravy)let it cook for 5 mins. When the color change to dark color and raw smell is gone add the cubed tomatoes and mix it well.
4. Now add turmeric powder,chilly powder,coriander powder,garam masala and salt. Let it cook for 3-5 mins.To this add paneer and toss it well. Then finally crush the dry methi leaves and mix everything well together.
5. Serve it with hot chapathi and enjoy the food.