I love this dal very much,its very flavourful and so good with hot white rice and ghee. I used to live in Andhra during my childhood and I remember very few things friends,food and the place where we used to play. This tomato pappu was my favorite of all the Andhra food. It goes excellent with chapathi/roti too. When its pair with potato fry there nothing best. Now lets go back to the recipe.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15-20 minutes
- Yield : 3
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- Tomato - 2-3
- Garlic ,crushed - 2
- Green Chillies,long slit - 4
- Onion,finelly chopped - 1/2 cup
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
- For Tempering:
- Ghee/Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal(ulandham paruppu) - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic,crushed - 4-5
- Curry leaves - as per taste
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Hing - a pinch
1. In a pan add ghee/oil then do the tempering mentioned above. To this add onion,green chillies,garlic and saute for few mins.
2. Now cook half glass of toor dal with 2 cups of water. Add tomato,garlic and turmeric powder and cook it mushy.
3. Now transfer the dal to the seasoning and let it cook for few mins. I love adding hing to this. Add little chilly powder & salt to this.
4. Now garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice and extra tsp pf ghee.