Methi Rice is very to make and taste heavenly. I love how garlic and methi blend together to give a perfect yummy taste. Its best for lunch box for kids to adults. The ghee aroma takes the taste to a different level. No one will know what's inside the rice, its best for picky kids. It stays long with its aroma and I make it often when I have unannounced guest coming to my house. Adding methi to day to day life is very important and its rich in iron and good for people who have issues with stomach problem.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 2 cup
Methi Rice is simple to make and tasty heavenly with ghee and garlic inside....
1. Boil basmati rice separately in cooker. Once done remove them and add 2 tsp ghee to the hot rice. This step is important because they give very good aroma when mixed ghee with hot rice.
2. Now in a pan add little ghee/oil and once hot,add jeera and let it fry for few sec. To this add onion and garlic. Let it saute for a min or two. To this add finely chopped methi leaves and stir it well.(I always add salt to the methi leaves to take the bitter smell out)
3. When the leaves are little sauteed, add salt and turmeric powder. Keep stirring and add little chilly powder and stir well again.
4. Now add the hot rice and mix everything together. Yummy tasty smell will cover your whole house. Once blended well switch it off.
5. Hot hot methi rice is ready. Serve it with dal or raita. Simple yet elegant rice mix.