I had some potlock party with my friends and I made some quick licking sweets to go for my dessert finish. The recipe is so simple and I made it from a paper cutting I saved from a magazine when I visited India. It didn't have much stirring to do sounded simple and easy to make. Everyone at potlock loved it and I was super happy with the result. Linking this to srivalli's CCC(Cooking from cookbook Challenge) event.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 4 hrs minutes
- Yield : 6 popsicles
1. I used nestle brand to make my kulfi you can make with any brand. In a big bottom pan add regular milk first, stir for few mins say for 5 mins. Then add evaporated milk(this gives thickness and half water is naturally removed)stir for 5 more mins. To this add condensed milk and stir it for 5 more mins.
2. It will become little thick at this stage add elachi powder. Add sugar if you feel it needs more sweet. Condensed milk has enough sweet, but if you want you can add. Taste it first. Then add the chopped nuts and stir it well.
3. Stir for 5 more mins. Now switch off the flame and let it cool. When they are completely cooled transfer it to kulfi mold or ice cream and freeze in fridge for one hr. Remove it now and insert the stick. Then freeze it for another 4-5 hrs.
4. Yummy tasty kulfi ice cream is ready. Simple right. Now run the mold under running water to easily remove the ice cream out. Enjoy