This is my second challenge for SNC group,well its a very exciting group where the North Indian team challenges the South Indian team with their amazing recipes and vice verse. I have made lots of new friends and learned lot of regional cuisine food and loving every bit of it. Last time it was MISAL PAV ,a Maharashtra dish street food and it was so good. This time its Bengali special and I just fell in love with the peas kachori. Wow they just tasted heavenly awesome recipe. I was happy with the visual as well as while eating it . Thank you so much DIVYA (master MIND of this group) for letting me in to this fun group, and SONALI Ji for this wonderful challenge. My hubby loved it and I am planning to make it very frequently,it was so tasty.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30-40 minutes
- Yield : 3
- For Puri/Kachori:
- Maida/All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Ghee/Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- For Peas Filling:
- Peas - 2 cup
- Ginger - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 3-4
- Asofaetida(hing) - a pinch
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- For Dum Aloo Gravy:
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds/Sombhu - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1-2
- Onion,finelly chopped - 1(bib size)
- Tomato,finely chopped - 1
- Curd/Yogurt - 2 tsp
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Baby Potatoes - 10
- Ginger Garlic paste - 4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander/Dhania Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves,finely chopped - 1/4 cup
How To make Peas Kachori:
1. In a bowl mix maida,ghee/oil then add salt and mix it well by adding little water. Knead them well for 2-3 mins until the dough is soft. Then let it sit for 30 mins.
2. Now cover it up with a wet muslin cloth and leave it aside.
3. In a blender mix peas,ginger,green chillies,salt and blend to paste. Do not add water.
4. Now in a pan add oil then add hing and pour the peas paste and let it cook for a min till the raw smell is gone. To this add garam masala,sugar and mix it well. The paste must be little thick to roll into the dough. Now remove from heat and let it cool.
5. Now roll the dough in to small balls and make it like how you make puris. Keep the peas paste in center and fold the edges towards center and roll it like ball.
6. Now roll them to puri,make sure the peas stuffing don't come out. We need lot of patience while rolling it. Now make all the batches this way and keep it ready for deep frying.
7. In a pan add oil till the dough immerses deep like puri and they will puff up nice. When both the sides turn golden brown in color remove it from oil and place them in a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
How to make spicy dum aloo:
1. Take baby potatoes boil them in water for 2-3 mins add little salt while boiling. Then remove the skin and wipe it well.
2. Now deep fry the baby potatoes in oil till they turn mild golden brown in color and keep it separate.
3. In a pan add oil then saute jeera,fennel seeds,bay leaf then onion,ginger garlic paste and saute for few mins. To this add tomatoes and pulp it well. Now add peas,let it cook for a min then add turmeric powder,chilly powder,garam masala,coriander powder and salt and let it cook for 2 more mins. To this add salt and little water and cook till the oil separates.
4. Now to this add the cooked baby potatoes and mix it well. Then add 2 tsp of curd and mix it well again. Add water according to the required thickness. Then sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve it hot with peas kachori.