Methi Paneer Bhurji recipe | Paneer bhurji recipe | How to make Methi paneer bhurji | Paneer methi bhurjee
Methi Paneer Bhurji is very tasty and yet simple curry that pairs perfectly with chapati. I love to stuff it inside and enjoy it as roll by making it little thick. My family and friends love this a lot. It’s a very quick recipe and doesn’t take much time. You can add any veggie to your liking while preparing this dish. I usually like adding capsicums while sauteing paneer, but this time I didn’t have capsicum so I just continued with peas. You try adding capsicum it will give a very good flavor to this dish. I feel paneer and capsicum are combination made in heaven. They pair so well. I never separate them some ingredients are best when paired with other ingredients. To me paneer and capsicum are the best combo.
Methi is very good for health. Usually dry methi leaves are used at the end of the paneer dishes to enhance the flavor, but here it’s used as one of the main ingredient along with paneer. This taste so much better than just using it as dry garnish. This methi paneer bhurji taste a lot or even better than the restaurant methi paneer bhurji. I always make paneer bhurji dry stuffing inside the bread or chapati or dosa. This is made little like curry since it has to be eaten with roti. I have homemade paneer recipe here and it taste very good. Do try it out. If you start making paneer at home then you can try lots of recipes like shahi paneer, kadai paneer, paneer sandwich, paneer cheese rolls, paneer butter masala and many more. Okay now off to making of Methi paneer bhurji recipe.
Step by step method with pictures for making of methi paneer bhurji recipe
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4 people
- Paneer, grated - 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes, finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Green chillies, long slit - 4
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Capsicum(optional) - 1/4 cup
- Methi leaves / Vendhaya Keerai,finely chopped - 3/4 th cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jeera - 1 tsp
1. Take paneer and grate it in a bowl. Keep it separate. Heat pan add oil, add jeera let it saute for few sec. To this add onion, ginger garlic paste, tomato one by one and saute till the raw smell from ginger garlic paste is gone. Now add chopped methi leaves.
2. Now add green chillies, capsicum and peas. Saute for few mins. Then add turmeric powder, chilly powder, Garam masala and salt. Let it cook till the raw smell from masala is gone. Add 1/2 cup or more water depending up on the consistency required. I like it semi gravy so I added only 1/2 cup.
3. Once the gravy comes together, add grated paneer and let it cook for 5-7 mins or until the gravy gets little thick. Switch it off. Now serve it hot with chapati or roti.